LKR 93500 per person
Sathwin Pilgrimage, welcomes you to the Dambadiwa tour packages .
The Four Monuments worth Seeing .
Tiny and large chains , having broken all bonds , as it comes he goes , goes without expectation.
“There are four places , Ananda , which a person confident in path should see and contemplate with feelings of urgency for escaping Samsara . What are the four ? Here the Tathagata was born , Here the Tathagata became fully enlightened in unsurpassed , supreme Enlightenment , Here the Tathagata set rolling the unexcelled Wheel of the Dhamma , Here the tathagata passed away into the state of Nibbana in which no element of clinging remains.”
“These , Ananda , are the four places which a person confident in path should see and contemplate with feeling of urgency for escaping Samsara. And truly they will come to these places, Ananda , bhikkhus and bhikkunis , laymen , laywomen , confident in path reflecting :, Here the Tathagata was born , Here the Tathagata became fully enlightened in unsurpassed , supreme Enlightenment , Here the Tathagata set rolling the unexcelled Wheel of the Dhamma , Here the tathagata passed away into the state of Nibbana in which no element of clinging remains.”
“And whoever ,Ananda , should die on such a tour of Monuments with his heart established in confidence , at the breaking up of the body , after death , will be reborn in a realm of heavenly happines.”
Extract from Maha-Parinibbana Sutta
Destination covered: Delhi - Agra – Sankassa – Lucknow – Varanasi – Bodhgaya – Rajgir – Nalanda – Vaishali – Kushinagar – Lumbini - Sravasti – Delhi - Out
Arrive Delhi Airport by flight from Colombo, meet & greet at airport then transfer to Hotel. Overnight stay at Delhi hotel.
Delhi – Sankassa - via Agra
Early morning departure, drive to Sankassa, where Lord descended from heaven after giving sermon to his mother after 7 years of her death. Overnight stay at Sankassa.
Sankassa - Sravasti
Early Morning departure to Sravasti, check in at Hotel, Evening visit palace of Anepidu, Angulimala stupa ,Gandhabba Rukkamula stupa. Overnight stay at Sravasthi Hotel
SravastiSil campaign at Jethawana , Regional donation at Jethawana and evening visit where Buddha spent his 24 monsoons, visit Jetvana and Ananda Bodhi Tree. Overnight stay Sravasthi Hotel
Sravasti – Lumbini
Early morning leave for Lumbini, enroute visit Kapilavastu - where Buddha’s childhood was spent & also visit ruins of the Palaces drive 4 hrs to Lumbini (Nepal). After lunch Visit Lumbini, the Birth place of Lord Buddha. Overnight stay at Lumbini Hotel
Lumbini - Kushinagar
Early morning leave for Kushinagar (04 Hrs Drive) check in at hotel. After lunch visit Mahaparinirwana and Rambhar Stupa (cremation site of Lord Buddha), overnight stay at Kushinagar Hotel.
Kushinagar- Vaishali - Buddhagaya
Early morning drive to Bodhgaya (12 hrs) enroute visiting Vaishali lunch at enroute in a restaurant. Arrive Buddhagaya. Overnight Stay at Buddhagaya Hotel
BodhgayaFull day Sil campaign at Buddhagaya, visit Mahabodhi Temple & Bodhi Tree, Great Buddha Statue, Niranjana River, Sujata Temple place (where lord Buddha seated at the Kiripalu nuga ruka ) - . here princess Sujatha offered milk rice to load Buddha. Brahman Sottiya's place where he offered kusathana bundle of long grass) which is across the Niranjana River. Overnight stay at Buddhagaya Hotel
Bodhgaya – Nalanda – Rajgir -Bodhgaya-
Morning leave for Rajgir / Nalanda (02/03 hrs.), visit Nalanda the ruins of world oldest University. Lunch at Nalanda .then drive to Rajgir the Gijjakuta mountain ( Cable car ride )l, World Peace Stupa, jail of the Bimbisara , Sapthaparni cave , Walasangataka Stupa Later continue drive to Buddhagay. Overnight stay at Buddhagaya
Bodhgaya - Varanasi
Morning leave for Varanasi, enroute visit Durgeswary mountain (where prince Siddhartha paid difficult life in the cave ) and drive 6 hrs. To Varanasi. Check-in at Hotel. Overnight stay at Varanasi Hotel.
After breakfast visit to Lord Buddha first sermon place Dhamsakpawathum Suthra , Damsaba Mandapaya , Mulagandakuti Viharaya , Dammika Stupa , Sammuka Stupa (where Paswaga Mahanun met Load Buddha ) , Anagarika Dharmapala museum , In the evening participating the Dhamsak Pawathum Suthra at Mulagandakuti temple. Overnight stay at Varanasi.
Varanasi to Agra
Early morning departure and drive to Agra. Evening visit the world famous Taj Mahal” (it’s closed on every Friday) built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jehan for his Empress Mumtaz Mahal. The construction believed to have taken 22 years to complete with over 20,000 craftsmen working round the clock. After sightseeing of Tajmahal visit magnificent Agra Fort, built in the bank of Yamuna River, is situated in the center of the town, evening free for shopping /own activities ,Overnight at stay at Agra Hotel
Set-off Delhi from Agra, in New Delhi visit to Kuru Deshaya , where four Sathipattana Suthra delivered by Load Buddha . Visit to National Museum where kept Lord Buddha's relics, Lotus temple and short city tour visit India gate, president house, parliament house. Back to hotel evening free for shopping /own activities. Overnight stay at Delhi Hotel.
Delhi – ColomboAfter breakfast transfer to airport for departure flight. Tour END….
For Sri Lankan Nationals
- Copy of NIC / Copy of Driving license / Copy of Birth Certificate (only any one of three)
- Two recent (not more than 3 months old) 2x2 inch colour photograph depicting full face in white background. Photo on Passport and application must match applicant’s present appearance.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 9 months. All previous passports (If previous is passport is lost please ensure endorsement to that effect in current passport or provide the police compliant report)
- Three months Bank statement.
- Business Registration Certificate, if attached bank statement belongs to a business entity.
- Applicant’s address (present / permanent) should match with document attached at (in case of bank passbook, account should be at least 1 year old ).
- For Applicant below the age of 18, application should be accompanied by. (i) No objection letter (NOL) signed by both parents allowing their children to travel and also specifying details including with whom their children are traveling. In case children are traveling without accompanied by their parents, a self-explanatory letter must be attached specifying a) purpose of visit and (b) guardian during the visit
- Applicants with dual nationality must produce both the passports (along with photocopies) at the time of application.
- Pass Port (Only Middle east pass port)
- India , Nepal Visa
- Entrance fees
- Air Ticket including applicable current taxes.
- Accommodation sharing triple/ four bedded rooms.
- Meals (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner) 2 Bottle of Mineral Water per passenger per day.
- Taj Mahal Entrance fee
- Meals other than those specified above Camera fees,
- Tips to Driver/Guides/helper, Laundry, Phone Calls, Personal expenses or any other expenses.
Air ticket. (Non refundable after issuing the tickets.)
- 30 Days prior to departure – Non refundable advance payment.
- 20 Days prior to Departure – 25% of the Tour cost.
- 10 Days prior to departure – 50% of the Tour cost
- Within 10 days & below – Nil Refund.